09 May 2006

For Update's sake

It seems clear that to get a committed readership for a blog, one needs to update on a regular basis, probably daily if not more. This is quite a commitment for the lone blogger who has a life as well (believe it or not I do) and I have started to think that as the blogosphere develops it will be the team blogs that survive the test of time. I think a blog needs a certain momentum, once this has occured the regular commenters reinforce the main posts of the blog. Maybe this blog will achieve that momentum if I post more regularly, perhaps shorter more frequent posts? Or perhaps I should get my own team? After the short time I have been blogging I now see why so many blogs end up abandoned, something I will make every attempt not to do, especially since I think in general blogs are far more interesting than static websites.

No comments: